The great thing about Server Core is that you don’t have a graphical interface like you do have on the non-core versions.
It’s easy to let the server join a domain and also installing features isn’t that difficult, but for you non-commandline guys an Israeli blogger named Guy Teverovsky created Server Core Configurator.
- Product Activation
- Configuration of display resolution
- Clock and time zone configuration
- Remote Desktop configuration
- Management of local user accounts (creation, deletion, group membership, passwords)
- Firewall configuration
- WinRM configuration
- IP configuration
- Computer name and domain/workgroup membership
- Installation of Server Core features/roles
So even changing an IP address or adding a DNS server to your Server Core NIC is made easy this way : Just click away
To see how the other features of Server Core Configurator work, just check Guy’s website or download the tool below and try it out yourself! Installing it is really easy. Just download the file and run the msi from the Server Core command line.
To run the Configurator just change to the C:Program filesCoreConfigurator folder and start the application
Download Server Core Configurator