Too bad you can’t download Windows 7 RC right away, but check out these facts about the upcoming Release Canditate :
- You don’t need to rush to get Windows 7 RC. The RC release will be available at least through June 2009 and we’re not limiting the number of product keys, so you have plenty of time.
- Watch the calendar. Windows 7 RC will expire on June 1, 2010. So if you install the RC release you’ll either need to upgrade to the final version of Windows 7 before that date, or install a prior version of Windows. (For more about installing Windows, see installation instructions.
- Protect your PC and data . Be sure to back up your data and please don’t test Windows 7 RC on your primary home or business PC.
- Technical details/updates: before installing the RC please read the Release Notes, and Things to Know for important information about the release.
- Keep up with the news. You can keep up with general technical information and news by following the Springboard Series blog or Windows team blog. Want technical guidance, tips, and tools? Visit the Springboard Series on TechNet.
And, you can get non-technical news, tips, and offers on the Springboard Series on TechNet
- Keep your PC updated: Be sure turn on automatic updates in Windows Update in case we publish updates for the RC.
- Microsoft Partners: Learn more about Windows 7on the Microsoft Partner Portal.