Earlier today Major Nelson has released the February 2014 Dashboard update for the Xbox One. The update will arrive on a Xbox One near you in the next couple of days. If you don’t want to wait…there is a way to force the installation.
Just follow the instructions below:
- Enable the ‘Xbox Instant On’ mode (read here)
- Turn off your Xbox (by pressing the Xbox logo on your console, or the Xbox button on your controller)
- Wait 5-15 minutes
- The Xbox logo (on your console) starts to blink for 10-15 seconds (see the video below)
- The Xbox turns itself off
- Turn your Xbox on by pressing the Xbox logon on your console, or the Xbox button on your controller)
- A black screen with a green bar appears and the update is installing (takes a few minutes).